Strengthening Aboriginal Health
The Strengthening Aboriginal Health Program provides a coordination service for Aboriginal people prior to, and on release from, prison to address their individual health needs, including support for community-based health service providers.
Nirrumbuk Environmental Health and Services has been delivering this program in the East Kimberly region since July 2012.
Through this program, we support clients to:
- Address their physical, spiritual, cultural and emotional health needs
- Keep their relevant health checks and immunisations up to date
- Demonstrate positive health behaviours to reduce risk factors of illness and disease
- Achieve optimal health, development and wellbeing
- Identify and manage chronic conditions.